Designer Marshall Watson designed this beautiful beach house with shades of grays, blues and greens....the color of the ocean and its mist. I love Watson's thought behind his love of green and blue (one of my favorites!): Some of my best memories are from the days my family took me to a summer house surrounded by green birch forests and large blue expanses of Lake Michigan. I could go sailing. I could go explore in the woods. The blue and green combination evokes that part of my childhood with its freedom and innocence. Blue and green is about spending a summers outside riding bicycles and going to the beach. But it also reflects the natural world of sea, sky, and earth immediately outside these rooms. It's a fresh, calm, clear feeling of water and plants. It breathes. What more could anyone want? For more images of this Southampton home, visit House Beautiful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top